Sunday, August 2, 2009

Clandestine.

Richie/

For this to be so open
Why do I feel like
I am hidden in your cupboard
Feels like this love
Is clandestine
And exists in only
Our private words

Why do paths
Not cross
Like dances
Intermingle
Why is your society
Making me
Feel so
Single

When do we share
A stage
Like a phenomena
Made real
Do I look to
A miracle
As time passes
And I question
What we feel

Logical examinations
Only seem to confuse me
Tainted emotions
Only make me feel like
You abuse me

That this door will shut
And love will
Be broken
And harder I will fall
This insecurity comes
From the mystery
Of lives never
Overlapping
And the sense we stalled

Progress feels so
Tenuous
And I want you
To ache
To burn
For me
Like a fire that
Could never be
Extinguished
And yet I feel
You're so willing
To let go of me

Second time was sweeter
How come
The end feels much bleeker
I wish you'd
Kill my frustrations
And call me a keeper
I need some integration
Or this romance
Feels like a sleeper
And as you may feel closer
I grow suspect
And this bond
Becomes weaker

I want a Facebook status
That shows I am not
A hidden update
I want language
More respectful
Of intimacy
Than I am the guy
You date

I am substantial
I am more in this equation
I am not clandestine
I am not a figment
Of our imagination

No comments: