Sunday, August 2, 2009

Chameleon.

Richie/

I am a chameleon
I am constantly changing
Who I am
It's never forced
It's just rapid evolution
For a self-made man

Heartbreak is a catalyst
It gives me strength
In a fractured kiss
It gives me hope
When devastation
And love manage to co-exist
Life is more interesting
When not in perpetual bliss
This changes the landscape
So I can re-focus

I am as uncomfortable
With my acceptance of change
As I am perplexed
With my willingness to suffer pain

How can love undergo
Such a radical transmutation
I feel the emotions
But I do not feel their permeatation

Some fibers hold on
And bind simple elements
Of companionship and sensuality
This love, I refuse,
To ever be ordinary
Or if it does, I create its finality

For me, intimacy
Exists more in the words
We have used to define this
I wish I had
Learned this from you sooner
Because now I bite your broken kiss

Hands clawing for you body
And open to your penetration
While at the same time
Shut down
Choosing only to feel than face consternation

This time I will not fight
Because my aggression pushes us apart
No, this time I open my fists
And I passively hold hope in my heart

Attraction that mysteriously binds us
And has a way of confounding our hearts
May still be too young to stand
That's why we play to get smart

No comments: