Friday, October 9, 2009

OUT OF THE GREY /

Richie /


For each year a moisturizer attempts to smooth over
I still come out of each tragedy feelin’ older
Shattered intimacy isn’t pretty
But experience shapes my creativity
Holy fuck I come back like a crusading soldier
And with age, I only grow motherfuckin’ bolder

Modern day renaissance man
I feel more than I think I understand
But give me a little pause -
Got back my hand
Now I’m snatching back my balls.
I feel in my clandestine sainthood
Like making the bible look weak
Because there is pure clarity
In every fucking word I speak.

We are out of the grey,
The moment you say you said you loved me
You wished a chance for ambiguity
Completely away.
And now your genie
He ain’t coming back
So you can make another wish,
Your heart just opened Pandora’s box
And with it comes the chance
For a hit or miss or some unexpected bliss.

They call this romance
Traumatic
Dark-tinged
Intense on the dramatic.
Interspersed
With raw affection,
Coupled
With irreconcilable erections.
For each negative moment
It takes a spiraling direction,
But fighting for those real good moments
Is what gives it protection.

No comments: